Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada are eligible to sponsor family members to become Permanent Residents of Canada under the Family Class (FC) immigration program.
The basic requirements to sponsor family members in Canada are:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Must be able to support the family member(s) financially, as well as consent to supporting them for three years from the date their family member becomes permanent Canadian residents.
- Must meet or exceed the minimum income level for this program. Married and Common-Law couples can combine their incomes by meeting this income requirement.
- Sponsor- Financial undertaking varies according to the family member, dependent child and other relatives.
The following family members that can be sponsored under the Family Sponsorship Canada program are:
- Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner;
- Parents or grandparents;
- Dependent child;
- Orphaned, unmarried, and under 18 years of age brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild;
- One relative, if the sponsor has no relative listed above and no other relatives.
Canada Immigration Family Sponsorship Processing Time
Family Sponsorship applications may take up to 12 months or more to be processed.
There are also many reasons which might make you ineligible to sponsor you’re your family member.
Unsure about the process or if you are eligible to sponsor? Contact Asistus to speak with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant we are here to help you.