Restoration of Study Visa is for a visitor, worker or student who lost their status, they may apply to reinstate or restore their status in accordance with section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
The can only apply for renewal if the temporary resident has not been out of status for more than 90 days, and they have not failed to comply with the specified conditions.
No need worry if you defer your admission of semester/session during the period of study. The Renewal of Study Visa is designed to take care of such cases.
- apply within 90 days of having lost their status;
- meet the initial requirements for their stay;
- have not failed to comply with any other condition (e.g., working without being authorized to do so);
- meet the requirements of the class under which they are currently applying to be restored as a temporary resident.
- have lost their status because they have failed to comply with any of the following conditions.