Home / Visitor Visa

Visitor Visa

Canada land territory is dominated by forest and tundra and the Rocky Mountains. The country is officially bilingual at the federal level with English and French languages. Canada is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse and multi-cultural-nations with large-scale immigration from many other countries. The main drivers of population growth are immigration and, to a lesser extent, natural growth. Canada has one of the highest per-capita immigration rates in the world.

Freedom of religion in Canada is a constitutionally protected right, allowing individuals to assemble and worship without limitation or interference. Government policies such as publicly funded health care, higher taxation to redistribute wealth, the outlawing of capital punishment, strong efforts to eliminate poverty and the legalization of same-sex marriage are further social indicators of Canada’s political and cultural values. Canada’s approach to governance emphasizing multiculturalism, which is based on selective immigration, social integration, and suppression of far-right politics, has wide public support. Majority of Canadians are homely, warmth, and courteous in receiving visitors.

Business people and business visitors are not the same. Business people come to do business under a free trade agreement and can enter and work in Canada if they qualify under one of these agreements: NAFTA lets citizens of Canada, the United States, and Mexico gain quick entry into each other’s countries for temporary business or investment reasons.

A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labor market. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks but are able to stay for up to six months.

Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada. Some people may only need their valid passport. Business visitors do not need a work permit. To work in Canada as a professional, you must:
  • Have a job offer from a Canadian business in that field and
  • Have a work permit.
  • Be qualified to work in one of the jobs set out in NAFTA (for example, accountant, computer systems analyst or engineer).